This is the most delicious roast ever! Once you try it you will understand. The following recipe is ideal for a family meal or a get together.
You will definatley have them asking for more!#
- 1 Rib Eye of beef, about 2.5kg
- ½ cup crushed peppercorns
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 100ml olive oil
- 8 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1.5kg equal sized potatoes suitable for roasting, unpeeled and quartered
- 5 red/yellow peppers deseeded and quartered
- 10 shallots, peeled and halved
- 120g semi sun-dried tomatoes
- 200g pesto
- handful of basil
- toasted pine nuts
Preheat oven to 230ºC
Rub the Rib Eye with a little olive oil, then sprinkle with crushed peppercorns.
Preheat roasting tray with the olive oil. When the oil is hot place the beef on the roasting tray and return to oven, turning meat every 5 minutes to brown all over, after 15 minutes reduce the temperature to 190ºC and cook according to weight and how you prefer your beef cooked:
- Rare: 8-10 minutes per 450g
- Medium: 10-12 minutes per 450g
- Well-done: 15-18 minutes per 450g
Combine oil, garlic, potatoes, onions and peppers in a large bowl and season. Place on a heated roasting tray and roast for 45 minutes at 190ºC until potatoes are cooked, turning occasionally.
When beef is cooked to your liking, remove from oven, cover with foil and allow relaxing for 10 minutes.
Slice the beef thinly and transfer to warm plates.
When vegetables are cooked remove from oven and stir in pesto and semi sun-dried tomatoes, transfer to a warm serving plate and sprinkle generously with pine nuts and basil leaves.